The Fire Danger Season for this district is Tuesday 1 November 2016 to Saturday 15 April 2017. During this period, you must apply for a permit to use fire outdoors at any time.
During the Fire Danger Season, it is prohibited to burn in the open without a permit. Permits will be issued during the Fire Danger Season under the following conditions:
1. Permits will be issued from Tuesday 1 November 2016 to Tuesday 15 November 2016, for the purpose of burning off around buildings only at permit officers discretion.
2. No permits will be issued from Wednesday 16 November 2016 to Wesdnesday 1 March 2017 during the Fire Danger Season except under special circumstances authorised by the Group Officer and Fire Prevention Officer and Permit Issuer.
3. Conditional burning permits to be issued from Wednesday 1 March 2017 to Saturday 15 April 2017.
4. No burning off shall be allowed before 12 noon or on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays, including the Easter Weekend (inclusive Good Friday to Easter Monday).
5. When lighting a fire, permit holders are to notify adjoining landowners, Adelaide Fires, Council and the CFS of their permit number, location, type of material and approximate area to be burnt.
6. No maximum limit shall apply to the number of days that a permit is valid, during the Fire Danger Season.
7. Two able bodied adults and at least 400L of water must be in attendance.
Authorised Fire Permit Officers
|Brian Stringer||8628 0032||Boothby|
|Roger Nield||8628 2612||Jamieson / Mangalo / Heggaton|
|Mel Wegner||8620 2034||Rudall / Tuckey|
|Bryan Trigg||0488 059 501||Cleve District|
|Kevin Elson||8628 2338||Mann / Yadnarie|
|Gavin Masters||8628 8065||Verran / Roberts|
|Mark Edwards||0427 207 176||Darke Peak|
|Angela Harris||8620 7076||Campoona|
Conditions pertaining to permits issued by Authorised Officers:
- No permits issued between Sunday 1 November 2015 to Tuesday 1 March 2016 (these dates may change due to seasonal conditions).
- 24 hour notice before permit issued.
- No lighting before 12 noon, no Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday burning.
- Permit holders to notify adjoining landowners, Council, Adelaide Fires and CFS of the following:
- Permit Number
- Location – use rural property address (not section number or hundreds)
- Type of burn
- Approximate area to be burnt
Adelaide Fires 1300 008 175
The Fire Preventation Officer for the Council is Assistant Works Manager Grant Crosby. The Works Manager can be contacted at the District Council of Cleve.
Please contact the CFS Hotline on 1300 362 361 or visit http://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/ for further information such as fire bans.
Bushfire Prevention Plan
The Bushfire Prevention Plan can be accessed here.
Grain Harvesting Code of Practice
The Grain Harvesting Code of Practice can be accesed by clicking the link below:
Harvest Ban Numbers
|Arno Bay||(08) 8628 0270|
|Mangalo||(08) 8628 4000|
|Rudall||(08) 8628 2288|
|Cowell||(08) 8629 6051|
|Kimba||(08) 8627 2250|
|Lock||(08) 8689 1100|
Silo Committees at each of these areas have selected small committees to make decision for their area on harevest bans.
Eastern Eyre Group CFS CB Number
Kimba & Lock Area CFS CB Number
If you have to report a fire Ring 000 and ask for Adelaide Fire. When they answer give the Rural Property Address Number of the fire, your name and what type of fire it is eg. Crop or Header Fire.