Fire Danger Season
** Please Note that the fire danger season has been extended to Tuesday 30 April 2019
Thursday 1 November 2018 to Tuesday 30 April 2019
The fire danger season for Cleve district is 1 November 2018 to 30 April 2019. During this period, you must apply for a permit to use fire outdoors at any time.
During the fire danger season, it is prohibited to burn in the open without a permit. Permits will be issued during the fire danger season under the following conditions:
1. Permits will be issued from Thursday 1 November 2018 to Friday 9 November 2018, for the purpose of burning off around buildings only at the permit officers discretion.
2. No permits will be issued from Saturday 10 November 2018 to Sunday 3 March 2019 during the fire danger season except under special circumstances authorised by the Group Officer and Fire Prevention Officer and Permit Issuer.
3. Conditional burning permits to be issued from Monday 4 March 2019 to Tuesday 30 April 2019.
4. No burning off shall be allowed before 12 noon or on weekends and Public Holidays, including Easter weekend (inclusive of Good Friday to Easter Monday).
5. When lighting a fire, permit holders are to notify adjoining landowners, Council and the CFS of their permit number, location, type of material and approximate area to be burnt.
6. No maximum limit shall apply to the number of days that a permit is valid, during the fire danger season.
7. Two able-bodied adults and at least 400L of water must be in attendance.
Authorised Fire Permit Officers
|Brian Stringer||7605 8517||Boothby|
|Mel Wegner||0427 202 034||Rudall / Tuckey|
|Bryan Trigg||0488 059 501||Cleve District|
|Kevin Elson||8628 2338||Mann / Yadnarie & East of the Cleve/Mangalo & Heggaton Roads|
|Gavin Masters||0427 288 065||Verran / Roberts|
|Mark Edwards||0427 207 176||Darke Peak|
|Angela Harris||0429 207 026|
Campoona & West of the Cleve/Mangalo & Heggaton Roads
Conditions pertaining to permits issued by Authorised Officers:
- No permits issued between Saturday 10 November 2018 to Sunday 3 March 2019 (these dates may change due to seasonal conditions).
- 24 hour notice before permit issued.
- No lighting before 12 noon, or on weekends or Public Holiday burning.
- Permit holders to notify adjoining landowners, Council and CFS of the following:
- Permit number
- Location – use rural property address (not section number or hundreds)
- Type of burn
- Approximate area to be burnt
It is recommended that farmers fit fire fighting units to chaser bins as an added precaution.
The Fire Preventation Officer for the Council is Assistant Works Manager Grant Crosby.
The Works Manager can be contacted at the District Council of Cleve.
Please contact the CFS Hotline on 1300 362 361 or visit the CFS website for fire ban and other information.
Grain Harvesting Code of Practice
The Grain Harvesting Code of Practice can be accessed here.
Harvest Ban Numbers
|Arno Bay||(08) 8628 0270|
|Mangalo||(08) 8628 4000|
|Rudall||(08) 8628 2288|
|Cowell||(08) 8629 6051|
|Kimba||(08) 8627 2250|
|Lock||(08) 8689 1100|
Silo committees at each of these areas have selected small committees to make decisions for their area on harevest bans.
Eastern Eyre Group CFS CB Number UHF 10
Kimba & Lock Area CFS CB Number UHF 1
If you have to report a fire ring 000 and ask for Adelaide Fire. When they answer give the rural property address number where the fire is located, your name and what type of fire it is, for example, crop or header fire.
Please note when using grain dryers, ensure adequate fire prevention measures are in place and fire equipment is onsite and readily available to use. Permits are required for grain dryer use from your local authorised Fire Permit Officer.